The Institute’s Vision and Mission Statements
The Vision Statement
“Institute’s aim is to be the first choice provider of top quality maritime training and education throughout the shipping community it serves.”
The Mission Statement
“Institute to meet the needs of maritime industry through effective learning, teaching and development of skills.”
Five Key Themes linked to the Mission and Vision:
- Putting better learning and teaching at the heart of our activities.
- Creating a truly training atmosphere.
- Continued improvement at “Putting Learners and Customers First”.
- Leading not instructing
- Building the right facility, human resource and modern systems to teaching and learning environment.
Quality Policy Statement
We provide the most current quality training to seafarers, by highly experienced and competent faculty members, to seafarers to work on board ships in the Merchant Marine, by adding value in their knowledge and skills, to ensure efficient and economic operation of ships thus ensuring “Safer Ships and Cleaner Oceans.”
The training of seafarers must always conform to the latest requirements of STCW-78 (as amended from time to time), the flag state administration and the employers training matrices.
Quality Objectives Of QMS
- To standardize all working procedures and processes.
- To ensure that all latest requirements for training are monitored and applied.
- Training is conducted in accordance with STCW 78 as amended from time to time, SOLAS, MARPOL & MLC 2006 both for short courses and certificates of competency.
- To use IMO Model Courses as a basis for developing course material.
- To impart required training of value added courses as required improving performance.
- To impart required training for specialized vessels and trade.
- To impart training as required by ship owners and ship managers as required by their individual Training Matrix, SMS and Company’s shipboard manuals.
- To have all mandatory course material developed approved by competent authority of Administrations of Flag States.
- To impart additional knowledge and skills for Information Technology, Computer Literacy etc.
- To make arrangement with workshops and other institutions for practical training where such facility is not available or not cost efficient to maintain within the institute.
- To make full use of approved CBT and other Multimedia training.
- To develop CBTs for training and have them approved by Flag State Administrations.
- To ensure that officers and ratings are proficient in English language and as required conduct courses to various levels of IELTS as deemed necessary with the shipboard Common Language in Mind.